WeBe Racing 2018 Schedule – subject to change.
Click on the links below to view event details and directions.
April 7-8, 2018 Farmington, NM DUNES Restart Enduro
- No camping fee.
- There will be a $10 gate fee for the weekend per person (10 and under are free). The BLM has “asked” us to make sure everyone has a wristband on for this event. This will ensure everyone is there to take part in the race. We had some non racers last year try and ride around since they thought it was ok. This will make sure everyone is safe but it will cost to staff the area for 18 hours per day. We appreciate your understanding.
- Please bring your bikes jetted, there will not be a jetting loop. The race area will be closed from Tuesday to public riding will not be allowed again until Monday.
- Pit areas will be located next to the start / finish line and the camping area.
- AMA membership will NOT.
- 9-10 mile loop
- Webe pro’s will be assigned one per row starting with 5A through 10A RMEC Pro’s 11A through 21A then Webe pros again from 22A through ?
- Riders will be assigned their row # on a first come first served basis at the promoter discretion.
- No membership will be required for Sunday’s race.
- Saturday will be Team Races and Mini Races
- Sunday will be a Restart Enduro that will count for RMEC Points and WeBe Points.
- Each loop of the enduro is scored separately and the total time of all the loops will be combined for final scores.
- Sunday’s Enduro points will go toward RMEC and WEBE year end championships.
- Make sure you sign up in the same level for both the RMEC and WEBE. Both series DO NOT allow you to move down a class without permission from the director or the chairman. If you run A with RMEC you must run A with WEBE since points are given to both series.
- You may request a number (since we will be using normal hare scramble numbers for the enduro) by emailing email@example.com . Give us your name, class you will race, bike make and size and your top three number choices. We will not respond to any emails after 3/30/17, we will be packing up the database and driving to the race site.
Plan for some hard packed trails but mainly sand hills and sandwashes. This course will be great with huge berms to test your skills. Gearing is a toss up, if you gear your bike for the hills you will lose out on the sand washes. Elevation is 5,395 feet. Loop will be 9-11 miles long.
Sign up times:
- Friday: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday: 7:00am – 11:30am
- Sign up: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday – Team and Mini Races
Enduro Race (RMEC and WEBE points event)
Please understand that the race starts only 3 hours after sign up starts on Saturday and the line will be big with two series racing the same race. Sign up early and remember that we have a friday night sign up. If you just plan on racing the hare scramble on Sunday then please wait to sign up until after the start of the Saturday race.
Webe pros will be assigned one per row starting with 5A through 10A RMEC Pro’s 11A through 21A then Webe again 22A through ?
9am Mandatory Riders meeting – Mandatory Pro riders meeting directly after the main riders meeting.
10 am Start
We will be giving out row assignment but allowing all riders to use their hare scramble numbers. You will be given a transponder with your number (example #424) and you will have # 424 on your bike. We will also give you a small red sticker for your front number plate showing what row you line up on and what time you will start. Row 1 will start at 10:01 am and row 30 will start at 10:30 am. The start time for each loop will be every hour, so if you are on row 30 you will start at 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm and so on. Pro and Expert classes will race 5 loops, Amateur 4 loops and Novice will race 3 loops. Please understand that the Pro’s will only take about 25 minutes but the slower novice racer could take 45 minutes. We must make sure that the Novice racers have a chance to rest between loops as well, so if your fast you will get a longer break between loops. Be respectiful and be patience, we need to make sure everyone has a good time.
- All Mini Races: 3:45pm Approximate
- Trophy presentation for all Mini classes: 5:15pm Approximate
- 6:45 Webe year end awards banquet. Dinner will be available to everyone, you don’t have to participate in the awards banquet to take advantage of the dinner.
Food will be offered on Saturday and Sunday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
Trophies will be awarded after each race and respective protest period rather than at the end of the day.
These directions will be the easiest but may not be the fastest.
- The race site is located 1.3 miles south of Farmington on Hwy 371. Head south on Murray drive at the south end of Farmington until you get to the shell gas station. Head south (right) on Hwy 371 for a 1.3 miles and look for the race arrows on the west side.
- This is the address to the Shell gas station 1.3 miles away. From there go south on the Bisti HWy (HWY 371) 1.3 miles. 1020 Bisti Hwy, Farmington, NM 87401